The TowneBank Norfolk In-Water Boat Show returns to the
Downtown Norfolk, VA Waterfront
Veterans Day Weekend, Friday – Sunday, November 9 – 11, 2018
NORFOLK, VA, (October 24, 2018) – The TowneBank Norfolk In-Water Boat Show returns to the downtown Norfolk waterfront Veterans Day weekend, November 9 – 11, 2018, as the largest in- water boat show in the Hampton Roads region.
The 3-day show will feature more than a dozen top East Coast boat dealers and brokers, showcasing more than 35 premier power boat brands, including luxury motor yachts, sport fishers, personal water crafts and inflatables. In-water boats will be on display in the Waterside Marina, while on land boat exhibits will be located in Town Point Park next to the Waterside District.
The TowneBank Norfolk In-Water Boat Show is sponsored by TowneBank and Towne Insurance, Virginia is for Lovers, City of Norfolk, The Waterside District, Sinclair Communications, and produced by Norfolk Festevents, Ltd.
Previously planned for September but rescheduled due to Hurricane Florence, Norfolk Festevents CEO Karen Scherberger reports “100% of all the dealers and brokers are returning for the rescheduled date, reflecting their commitment to launch this new show for our region.”
The show is returning to Norfolk based on recent interest from Hampton Roads boating industry leaders to host a show, with a primary focus on boat sales according to Scherberger. “While we will have some gear and accessory exhibitors, this year’s focus is on new and used boat sales,” she adds.
The last Norfolk In-Water Boat Show occurred in 2008 during the downturn of the economy. Boat Show Chairman Chuck Guthrie, President/Owner of Lynnhaven Marine in Virginia Beach explains, “The upturn in the boating market, availability of year end boat deals, display of quality pre-owned boats, the renovation of The Waterside District, the new first-class Hilton The Main great restaurants, and improvements in Norfolk’s downtown area make for a perfect environment for a regional boat show.” Guthrie adds, “Bluewater Yacht Sales Professional Jud Black, Norfolk Marine President Jason Murphy and Prince William Marina Owner Carlton Phillips have been instrumental in the planning process to bring about a show that will best serve our local and regional boating enthusiasts.”
Boat show guests will have the opportunity to purchase food and beverages at the show and inside the adjacent Waterside District.
The show offers several ticket options available for the entire family:
- $10 general admission for adults per day.
- $8 general admission military discount per day with ID at the gate.
- 15 & younger are FREE but must be accompanied by an adult for admission and to board boats.
- $25 VIP ticket per day (Includes admission into the show and exclusive access into the Waterside District VIP Lounge where VIPs can enjoy spectacular harbor views, happy hour prices, and a special Boat Show food menu during show hours.) 15 & under $15 VIP ticket.
- Tickets issued for original show dates in September will be honored at the rescheduled November 9-11 dates.
- All ticket sales are final.
- This event is rain or shine.
- In the case of inclement weather, Festevents may be forced to delay shows/and or close the park for the safety of attendees and participants.
- No refunds or exchanges.